Friday, April 5, 2013

Singing.

Ever since I enrolled myself into a music foundation course, people have been asking me why am I not a voice major but a piano major. I reallg have no idea why to be honest. So when I decided to get a second major instrument in classical voice, I was determined to pass both of my piano and voice until I graduate in 2016 (hopefully). But maybe I wasn't cut out to be a voice major in college and university. I can't sing Vaccai nor Concone properly, I can't sing like other voice majors in college who have outstanding voices and ranges, and maybe I can't follow my then vocal lecturer because of the different teachings and I am not used to it.

After 2 semesters as a voice major, I could feel the stress of not being able to sing in proper technique and as a soprano (I was an Alto for nearly 6-7 years and changed to a soprano just last year). And sooner or later, I felt burdened to go for classes in college. I even enrolled into a private vocal instructor when I had passed my audition as a voice major. So dropping out from a double major student to a piano major student, many people do asked why? It is sad because I like singing more than piano to be honest. Maybe I did chose the wrong instrument at 12. Oh well, trying to pass my piano jury that is next Monday till year 2 than I would opt for research than grad recital. But definitely I would continue singing and explaining to the ones who asked why am I not a voice major. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment