Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Swings


Sitting on the swing, letting the cold air touch my warm cheeks covered with the tear stains. I knew at that moment I made a bad move, a wrong choice. Now, I feel all alone.

 It was at the same place where I decided to end all of it. It was the first place where we met too, by the swings. I met Drew when I was 6. We were playing at the swings and soon enough we became good friends. All through our childhood up till we were 16, we always played by the swings, it was kind of like our favourite hangout place.

Since my 15th birthday, I had a little crush on Drew. Yeah, I know. Crush on the best friend type of thing. But somehow, I found out he liked me too. That was when I was 16. It was then when we got together. For 3 whole years we dated, we kissed, we hugged, we laughed, we cried, we did practically everything. It was the best feeling to have your best friend be your boyfriend, but at some point, I have no idea what got into me.

There was this period of time when I felt very tied down in this relationship and I am not sure why, even till now. I kept bringing on fights and quarrels over stupid reasons. That period was just 4 months when I decided to call it quits.

It was at the swing where I broke off with him.

Both of us were on the swings when I said, “Drew, I feel like we should end this...” I saw the shock in his eyes. “Why?” I just shook my head. Whatever happened after that was all a blur. I remember telling him, “We could be friends again, right?” He just mumbled a yes and left. Since then, we never really became friends. He shied away from me when I tried to talk to him, go near him, be with him. I felt very sad and regretful.

I got to my senses that I still love him. I would constantly text him and call him, but he never ever did reply my calls or messages. During his 20th birthday, I wanted to surprise him with a cupcake. I went up to his street to give it to him. But before I got up to his porch, I saw another girl at the doorbell. Then, I saw Drew opened the door and gave the girl a kiss. It was then I felt I had completely lost him. I threw the cake on the ground and ran, ran towards the swings. I sat there for hours, just crying.

It was nightfall already when I finally stopped crying. I knew it was my fault to ever let him go. Even till now. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello! =)
      Yeah, I am very happy if you would share my stories. I okay with people sharing it, just no copying my work. Thank you for the support! =)

      Delete