Friday, December 9, 2011

SPM 2011 long essay: "...They looked at each other and smiled meaningfully."

I wrote this for the long essay during my public exams, SPM. I hope it is alright. :)
"...They looked at each other and smiled meaningfully."

*Please do let me know through my comment box or cbox that you had used this as a reference. Do not plagiarize. Thank you*

I remember the time when Mum and Dad was still happy together. My family was fine. My parents sometimes do fight, but recently, the fights became all too often. I remember the day when I saw Mum crying...

It was a Saturday morning when it all happen. I was sleeping in. On Saturdays, I would sleep til 10, wakes up by then, take a big bowl and filled in with my favourite cereal, Honey Stars and catch my favourite cartoons on TV. I remember one particular Saturday morning, I was still sleeping soundly. I remember waking up to the sun rays shining through the blinds of the curtains. The sun shone onto my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and stretched. I gave a big yawn. Suddenly, I heard Mum and Dad arguing on the first landing. They were shouting very loudly. Suddenly, a loud bang was heard. I tiptoed towards my bedroom door. I was lucky that my bedroom door left a small gap for me to peek through. I peeked through and was shocked to see Mum crying on the floor. I was very scared by the sight of Mum crying. Since that day, the fights increased. And that was not the last time I saw Mum crying. I hoped Mum and Dad will apologize and be good to each other again.

Many times I saw or heard Mum and Dad arguing. Always it ended with Mum crying and Dad shouting at the top of his lungs. Dad would sometimes also scold me or beat me really hard when he is really mad. Sometimes, I don't know why does he do that. I didn't do anything wrong. But at other times, Dad can be very nice to me. One day, Dad brought me out for ice cream. Dad drove me down town to the ice cream parlour for my favourite strawberry sundae. On the way back home, dad told me, "Lily, I am going to move away..." I stared at him while he concentrated to drive. "You are leaving me and Mummy?" I asked. "No, I'm not leaving you, I just wanna get away from Mummy, and I want you to follow me..." I suddenly felt worried. "Daddy, are you and Mummy going to have a divorce?" I asked cautiously. "Yes, Lily. And I want you to follow me..." he replied. "No, I don't want..." There was an awkward silence in the air. I hung my head low. Dad kept quiet. I cried silently throughout the whole journey back home.

One day, I was near Mum's study. I accidentally kicked my ball onto Mum's study table and a bunch of papers fell onto the floor. I bend down and picked them up. An envelope caught my eye. The envelope had Mum's medical centre logo stamped on with her name on. I was curious and decided to opened it. It was a long letter from Mum's doctor. I tried reading the letter but the words was very hard for my eight year old mind. But one word caught my attention. 'Brain tumor'. Then suddenly, it struck me. Mum had brain tumor. I quickly put the letter in and ran straight to my room. I closed the door behind me. I ran up to my bed and pulled the covers above my head and cried. I prayed Mum would get well soon.

Later on, Mum decided to agree on the divorce, on one condition. That Dad carried Mum out from their bedroom to the living room every morning for a month, to signify that Dad carried her out from her marriage, like how Dad carried Mum into the marriage. Dad said it was a ridiculous but eventually agreed to it. So the first morning, Dad carried Mum. They looked so funny, Dad carrying Mum. I squealed in delight when Dad lifted Mum up. Dad was so clumsy when he carried Mum. The nearly broke the antique vase in the living room. They looked awkward like that. I watched them everyday. Day by day, Dad could carry Mum with ease. They don't look so awkward doing so. But as days passes, Mum look skinnier and more fragile. I wonder does Dat noticed that.

During the last week of the month, I asked Dad, "Daddy, do you love me?" He ruffled my hair and replied, "Yes dear, of course I do..." I smiled widely, "Then, do you love Mummy?" I saw his brows were knitted together in frustration, "Yes, I do love your Mummy..." I grinned even wider, "That means that, you and Mummy aren't going to have the divorce?" Dad bend down to look at me, "No Lily...we are still going through the divorce..." "Why?!" I asked. I suddenly started crying. "Why do you still want to hurt Mummy, even when she is so sick? Why Daddy, why!"I couldn't contain my tears any longer and started with large sobs. Dad's eyes changed from frustration to anxiety. He held my shoulders firmly and asked, "Lily, what are you saying? Mummy is sick? How do you know? Lily, tell me!" I could see from his face that he was very scared. "I, I accidentally read Mummy's letter, from the doctor. In the letter, it said, th...that Mummy has brain tumour..."

Once Daddy understood my words, he took out his cellphone and dialed a number. "Lauren, I'm not going through the divorce. Yes, I'm sure with my decision. No, I've changed. Never call this number again." and he hung up. Dad carried me up to Mum's bedroom. In her bedroom, Mum was on her bed. She looked so fragile, so weak. Her face had that sunken look. She gave a small smile when we came into her room. Dad put me down beside her bed. "Is it true? That, you are sick?" Dad asked. I saw tears in Mum's eyes. She held onto Dad's hand, "I'm so sorry for not telling you...I didn't want you both to get worried..." Dad wiped her tears off her eyes and kissed her on the forehead. I smiled to myself. Dad and Mum are being good to each other again. I turned to look at both of them. They looked at each other and smiled meaningfully.

TheEnd

(You guys may wonder where have you heard or read this before, yes, it is from facebook. During the exams, I thought of this story and decided to write it for the exams. Little did I know that it was from facebook. Hope it is okay. Cheerio.)

© mabeljehanne2012

57 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sis, i want example essay topic about 2014.can u help me? thanks

      Delete
    2. Which topic? Is it the above? Or another new title? If its another new title, let me know here and I will maybe write out as soon as I can. =) Why not email me at mabelsoong@gmail.com or try and find me on FB. User name is : Mabel Jehanne Soong

      Delete
  2. Can I take this as my story essay ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I am okay with people getting inspirations or ideas from this, just that don't take EVERYTHING word for word. And that don't take credit from it. =)

      Delete
  3. can i copy your story line ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. may I refer yours ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO sorry for the late reply, yeah, you can refer to it. =)

      Delete
  5. my teacher came up and give us this title as our planned holiday homework.. im glad that i found ur blog.. it makes my work easier.. i just want ur story line.. that's all :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i used this for reference. i hope you don't mind. i really hope i can do essay like this in my spm :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i used this for my essay. i love your story. thanks a lot! hope you dont mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, the story line itself is not original, but from FACEBOOK. SO the copyright for the storyline is not really mine. Thank you for being honest and use this only as a REFERENCE. Love you people loads! Follow my other stories too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. excellent essay!can i take some ideas from it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i want to as permissiono refer to this essay storyline :) it is a very good story :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can i take this 4 my story essay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can take the idea from it, just not word for word. Good Luck!

      Delete
  12. hello, im liana. i like your essay can i use it for improving my writing skills? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, just don't copy bulat bulat. Hope your writing skills improve ya! =)

      Delete
  13. i like ur essays..i want to improve my essay skills..can i refer ur essay ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. this was the exact same thing that i came for my exams and since i have read your essay before,it was quite easy for me.....Thank you anyways

    ReplyDelete
  15. i dint read ur essay......... bcoz i hate reading :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. so sorry for the comment :( i like ur essay

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful story. I really love it

    ReplyDelete
  18. My teacher told us to search for sample of English essay. Turns out that one of the essay title is similar as yours. Would you mind if I copy yours for my assignment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do appreciate that you would use it as reference instead and think of an idea for your assignment. Just in case that your teacher may not have read this to of my blog. Plagiarism is quite a tough problem in edu institutions now. Hope you ace your assignment!

      Delete
  19. i take it for my reference.....thanks a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  20. I searched up and down for an ideal storyline at the SPM standard. Little did I know I could find it in a blog. IT. IS. PERFECT. Just needs a little tweaks here and there but I like it. I am using this. Whether you agree or disagree, I am using this, period. I'd like to thank you for existing and posting this online. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I guess. Just saying, teachers know whether was this taken by somebody else as I am a teacher myself too. Just sayin'! Anyways, God bless. =)

      Delete
  21. can i copy your essay?dont worry..i will not copy this bulat bulat..hehe


    ReplyDelete
  22. i'll copying this too..tq

    ReplyDelete
  23. can i copy this ? ni untuk rujukan .

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear author..i want to copy this essay as reference since my exam just around the corner
    Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  25. i hope you can give me a permission to copy your essay,it really nice
    thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  26. Luving it so much >_< If its okay with you, may I use this as a reference? Thankieww :')

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can i copy your essay? Its so such a unique essay . Thnkyou if u can give me a permission to copy your essay

    ReplyDelete
  28. May i use ur idea for my task..?? Its really good essay...😀

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for share this essay 😘

    ReplyDelete
  30. Please let me use your essay as a reference.thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Can i use this essay as a reference??..This essay is very good..I hope i can write essay just like u..Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  32. may I use this as my reference. thank youu :))

    ReplyDelete