Saturday, June 23, 2012

Nothing Extra, per se.

I never took noticed of you before. We were just hi/bye friends. You would just sometimes asked me for a pencil, I would just sometimes asked you for your notebook, nothing extra. No feelings, nothing. But somehow along the way, we've gotten closer, and somehow those feelings came, for me that is.

We were just school mates, nothing more. Not even friends, per se. Just mere acquaintances. When walking past each other, we would just give a smile and a nod as a polite gesture. But somewhere out of the blue, you started instant message me on a social network. I would reply as a polite sign whenever you were online. Soon, we started talking more and more as the days pass. Even in school, you would sit beside me during lunch hour and just talk, nothing extra. Sooner or later, I enjoyed the long nights on the social network with you and also the long chats over lunch. Without any warning, I found myself falling for you.

It was scary at first. Not wanting to let anybody know about my feelings for you, I decided to keep quiet. But I guess my actions around you shows a lot to others. Soon, my best friends found out. They kept telling me that it was obvious you liked me too. Sometimes, I do hoped that what they say is true. But in the end, I knew it wasn't.

Once we had a field trip to somewhere I wouldn't even bother to remember, you sat beside me because I was alone. The journey to hour destination was long, so we chatted for quite a long time before I fell asleep slowly. I felt you putting your jacket around me. At that second, I actually believed that you do had a thing for me like what I have for you. But I knew it wasn't true.

One day, I saw you walking with another girl. You didn't see me, but I saw you. I could see from your face you were head over heels in love with this girl. I saw this glint in your eye that confirmed my 'observation'. I bowed my head and walked off before you could see me. I went to a place where nobody was around. I knew I was naive to think that way. I felt my whole self just vanished. I sank into my knees and just sobbed silently, quietly scolding me for being so gullible. 'Why hadn't I followed my brain? Why did I let my heart take control?' I knew that there wasn't anything 'extra' between us. My mind knew that from earlier on, but it had been tricked by my heart who was saying, 'Of course there is something between the two of you! Time will show.' I guess, I had been tricked, by my own self.

No comments:

Post a Comment