Friday, June 15, 2012

He had moved on, so must I...

Just sitting there at the balcony seat, looking at the sky above. Fingers tracing across the smooth surface of the pendant on my neck. The necklace given by him. Thinking about the necklace alone made me feel like someone just stole a piece of your soul away. My mind wasn't going to let me go, it started to bring me back into the past, letting me feel the simultaneous emotions of both joy and pain. Fighting hard to control my emotions and my mind, not trying to let it wander off again. Eventually, I gave up, and just let it go back in time...

I remember nervously waiting for the time to pass. I remember fidgeting in nervously. Not knowing what to expect. Sometimes, I am not even conscious of the old habit of biting the bottom of my lower lip. I was waiting, hoping that you would come, just nervously sitting on the cushion seats. The whole theater  became darker. All around me was dark. I couldn't see anything. Suddenly, I felt your presence near me. "Hey, sorry I'm late." You swiftly sank into the chair next to me. I had this tiny smile when I know you had come. There was this awkward silence I felt. Maybe not awkward as we were suppose to be quiet when watching the show. Half way through the show, I felt something place into my hand. "I wanted to give this to you..." It was just a tiny package. My curious mind played up, wanted to open it there and then, somehow, I could control myself not to do so. Soon after, you just held my hand throughout the whole show. Sometimes, just tilting towards me, asking me whether was I alright. As the show ended, and just right before the lights came back on, you kissed me, something that caught me off guard. Everything from there on was just a blur, reality, but it felt like somewhat a dream. 

Back home, I opened the small package. Inside, I found a heart-shaped accessory, a letter, a song, and a necklace. I read the letter, and it just somewhat made me cry in the middle of reading it. Not sure I can remember why though. I remember holding onto the necklace from then till now. No doubt all of that had been put behind in the past, it still stuck with me. I remember everything from the start till the end, but I'm not sure you do. 

Just staring out into the sunset, a tear ran down my cheek, I wiped it off. Knowing that this had been happening on a certain basis, I told myself, 'He had moved on, so must I...' But I know clearly, that it is hard to do so. You left with a piece of me, hurting. You came back trying to give back the piece to my near-recovered wound.

*To write it out, is to forget about all of it for eternity...*

No comments:

Post a Comment