Saturday, April 21, 2012

For A Kiss

*This story was inspired and based on a song I heard a few weeks ago. It made me 'feel' the song differently. Hope you guys enjoy this! =)

*I hope that it isn't too confusing, the Italic/Pink and the 'normal'/Blue wordings are two different Point of Views (POV). Enjoy!
~~~
 It was all a blur. Everything moved so fast, everything happened so fast. The next thing I knew, I saw my best friend, Dan was in front of me. I didn’t know what he was doing there, but all I knew is that my heart was pounding hard inside me. . .

 I know that if I didn’t do this now, it will never happen and Jamie will never know. Thank Christ I brought the disk, this dance didn’t have ANY good slow songs to dance to. I saw her just sitting alone at her table while all her friends went and dance. She looked so beautiful in the dark satin blue dress. It made her hair became more radiant. I need to let her enjoy this final and huge even before we graduate. I have to tell her before we graduate. I still couldn’t believe that I am doing this now. But, it is now or never. I have to let her know. Now, I am just standing in front of her like a goon. I have to do something!

Suddenly, he put his right hand in front of me. “Can I have the next dance?” I was surprised that Dan wanted me to dance, especially with him. I knew him all my life, and I knew very well he didn’t like to dance. He knew very well too that I can’t dance. I felt like an idiot just sitting there staring at him. I could see he began to feel awkward. I decided to just dance with him this one dance. I put my right hand onto his, “Okay…” I saw this radiant smile on his face, which made my heart, skipped many beats.

 I can’t believe it, she agreed to dance with me! Now, I just need to signal the music dude to pop in the disc.

“Dan, you know very well I can’t dance…” I said. He was bringing me to the middle of the dance floor. “We don’t really need to dance like those people on the reality dance shows, we can just sway to the music.” he said. It felt awkward to be passing through couples dancing those upbeat songs the DJ is playing. “Dan, I don’t like dancing to these songs…can we go back and just talk?” I said. “It won’t be long till the next song comes…” he just plainly replied.

 I brought her to the middle of the dance floor. I tried to look for Tim, the music guy. He saw me. I nodded to tell him to put the disc in. He put a thumb up sign. At that moment, I started to feel nervous.

The current song finally ended. I heard a deep baritone voice through the microphone. “Hi again, I was asked by a guy here in the crowd to put this song up for a special person. Normally I wouldn’t put up a song like this. So, hope this special someone would enjoy dancing with your special someone!” Soon, I heard this soothing song coming through the speakers instead of the rock and roll and pop songs blaring from the speakers. Only then I noticed, I was in the middle of the room with Dan. “Can I have this dance?” he asked. I smiled shyly, and nodded.

 I took her right hand and put it on my left shoulder. She put her other hand on my other shoulder. I put my arms on her waist. My heart was doing the tango, at one point I thought it was going to burst out because of nervousness. Soon, we started swaying slowly to the music. After a couple of minutes, we became more relaxed. Jamie even laid her head on my shoulder. I hugged her a little tighter while we dance.

I started to enjoy the dance. I enjoyed swaying to the rhythm of the song. I put my head onto his shoulder, arms around him. I breathe in his fresh cologne. Even though I started to relax, my heart was still pounding. I couldn’t believe I was dancing with my best friend, my crush.

It was now or never. I have to tell her. I whispered into her ear, “Jamie…I want to tell you something…” She didn’t answer, but I knew she was listening. I pulled her for me to look at her. I stared into her eyes, those mysterious dark eyes. “Jamie, I…I…have a something to tell you…”

My facial nerves felt numb. I could hear my heart beating against my ear drums. I didn’t know what Dan was going to say. I didn’t know what to expect. At that moment, I didn’t dare to breathe, I didn’t know why. I knew inside me, all hell broke loose. But somehow, Dan’s soft brown eyes calmed me.

 I took out the box. It was lying in my pocket far too long, I wanted to give it to her. “Jamie, I wanted...I mean, I meant to give you this all night…”

It was a corsage, a really pretty one. It suited my dress very well.

“Can I…put it on for you?” I asked. Jamie smiled shyly, and nodded. I smiled and took her left wrist. I slipped the corsage on. “Thank you…” Jamie whispered. I was over the moon, but I knew my task wasn’t done.

I loved the corsage. It was the most beautiful one I have ever seen. I smiled secretly. This made me fell in love with him more.

We started dancing again. I knew I had to tell her before the song ended. While we swayed, I stared into her eyes. Somehow, the distance between us became smaller and smaller.

My heart started beat so fast. I held my breath. I couldn’t move much. His eyes were soft, yet penetrating.

Her lips felt so soft. I felt her hands on my face, her fingers lingering on my cheek. My arms pulled her nearer by the waist. I didn’t dare to breathe.

It all happened so fast. One moment we were staring each other’s eyes. Now, we were kissing. I was shocked. But my heart wanted to burst out from excitement. My eyes closed, my fingers grazed his hair.

I knew it was only a few minutes, but I wanted it to go on for as long as possible. I wanted to hug her for eternity, but I knew anything good would come to an end. I could see Jamie blushing shyly. I pulled her out to the outdoors, just outside the ballroom doors. I wanted to tell her my feelings. It was dim outside, but bright enough to see her. “Jamie…I wanted to tell you this for a long time…that, I love you…”

I was shock. I didn’t know what to say. The only thing I could say was, “Shh…keep quiet, and let’s dance…”

 I smiled. I put my hands on her cheek.

I put my forehead onto his, and smiled. I held my breath.

I didn’t dare to breathe again. I closed the distance, for a kiss.



********
This story was based on the song below:

For a Kiss

I must be lucky or this must be my day
It’s the warmth of holding you till I’m infused by your scent
I think its something I can feel for myself
Could it get any better than this, I’m holding my breath

For a kiss

Unyielding motion that’s wrapped in a smile
But you seem so steady as I am burning inside
I feel the warmth as I have fallen too deep
Now I know that you know me thought I’ve been told to believe
It’s just a kiss

For a kiss
Close your eyes and we can float away
All alone through this crowded place
Maybe you and I can find some time

Till forever or more
So baby move your lips
Come close I need this kiss
No time to fake I just can’t explain

The sweetest touch that I just can’t get enough
Could it get any better than this I’m holding my breath

For a kiss


(The Video of the song)



No comments:

Post a Comment