Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Letter to Julie

This story was inspired by a mandrin song from my favorite singer, enjoy. :-)



Dear Julie,


I know you are sad and angry at yourself, but it’s not your fault. It’s his fault. You are right all the time, what your conscience tells you are correct. It was correct for you to leave him, serves him right. You are not at wrong to leave him. He was cheating on you, for goodness sake. I know he is your first love, but such love won’t last long.


I remember the last time we met, you told me your relationship with him was on the brink of splitting. I asked whether you were alright, you just gave me a small, sad nod and changed the subject. Suddenly, you just asked me about the weather. You laughed that the wind was strong. I ever remember your exact words when the huge winds hit. “Oh my gosh, the winds are so strong!” you said, and gave a laugh. Your hair looked wild when the winds blew. You looked so beautiful. When I heard you laughed, it broke my heart. The laugh didn’t sound like your old happy-self. It sounded…sad. I knew that you were trying to cover up whatever sadness you had in your heart, but I could see you were frustrated at wherever your relationship was going to.


It less than a few seconds, you cried. It hurts me more to see your tears. I let you lean on my shoulders to cry on, hoping you would feel better. Your tears flowed so much, like you were just letting out all the anger and sadness that was bottled up so long. I hugged you tight, hoping it would calm you and comfort. I wonder the tears had taken away a bit of your sorrow. I feel sad that you are struggling with this bad relationship with John. I should have told you that he is a bit of a womanizer before you guys got together. But then, I thought that maybe he had changed and really had found the perfect girl for him. I guess I was wrong.


I know it hurts to find out he was cheating you, and I know you still love him. You are young, and already struggling with love. I know if I had told you earlier on, it may just be crap for you. But Julie, I love you too, even before John had fallen for you. I just didn’t have the guts to tell you so. I only could smile and pretended to be happy for you two. I really wanted to tell you how I feel, but the two of you are important to me. John is my best buddy; you are the girl I love for a long time. I just couldn’t risk anything. So, the only I could say to you is, love is always nice, honest and not boastful. Love is like a long vacation, to enjoy and be happy.


Now that you had left him or vice versa, you have to pick up and just move on. After a relationship, it is always hard to pick yourselves up and just dust yourselves clean for the future. Whether or not the relationship was bittersweet; if the fool was bad, forget all about him. He is not one second of your worth. Your every tear is never worth for the bastard. There are many more other men that worth your time and love. You can choose anyone of them; you are beautiful now and ever. I really wish to see you smile and laugh happily again. And sometimes, I wish the reason of that smile is because of me. I miss how the corners of you eyes creases when you laugh, you looked so beautiful with your eyes twinkle when you smile. Your smile reminds me of the bright yellow sunflower, so pretty. Julie, it will make you feel better if you forget about John. Even though he is my best friend, I will not bother with his womanizing life. Just forget about him Julie, okay?

Julie, stop lying to your own self. Stop saying that you don’t blame him; you will just end up thinking about him a hell lot more. The more you do so, the more your feelings for him won’t go away; it will still be there, haunting you night and day. You might not even figure what to do with yourself. You might not be able to think for yourself. I think that you never thought so much of this pain and sadness will have so many other consequences.


Julie, forget about him. I have been trying to tell you this, face-to-face, that I love you a lot. I guess, I just tell you this here, now. Julie, you are beautiful for whom you are, and I love you.


Love,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment