Monday, December 30, 2013

My 2013

Well,
I can't say I had a crazy ass bad year,
And I can't say I had a good one idea.
It wasn't pleasant,
But it wasn't too bad either.

Early in the year,
I thought it was still there,
And I believed it did.
Got stringed on,
Played along.
Hurt and trampled on too.
I learned to move on,
It was hard,
It was painful.
But I moved on.

I had my share of opportunities.
I went to Hong Kong for a competition,
An international event.
Happy as I was.
Got sick though.
But I was happy.
Performed in their opening ceremony,
Witness the competition finale,
Walked about in the streets of Hong Kong,
A moment of getaway from my reality life.

I also performed in a full length choral production with F'Wonderful Singers AKA Sing-A-Holics,
Tiring that it is,
But a good experience.
Through the dance routines,
From learning my solo lines,
To not being able to sing the solo for the show,
I learnt from the past not to hold the grudge for a minute longer,
I was stripped from the chance because of favoritism,
Not the first time,
And not the last.

Competed in the Solo singing competition,
Didn't get into the finals,
But watched all the veterans and friends performed and compete.
The best show to watch!

Performed in the academy's teacher's pet,
Took my 4th and 6th graded exams,
Came out with merit for both!

My lows were that I failed jury,
And could not proceed to degree with my then semester batch.
Worked like mad in the next one,
Finally could forward to degree!

2014 won't be easy again.
May have more ups and lows too,
But I am pulling my gear up,
And march forward to the challenges ahead!

This is to those who belittle me,
To those who took me for granted,
To those who think I am a nobody,
I am coming back stronger than ever,
And no one could stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment