Thursday, March 29, 2012

Warmed Silence

REALLY SHORT POST!

Early in the relationship, we talked. A lot. We wanted to know every single detail of each other, whether or not they are in the past, or dreams in the future. We just wanted to know EVERYTHING. Our chatters never stopped. But after a couple of months, the chatter died down. We became more quiet even though we still go through a lot together. People around us noticed the change too. They asked us before whether our relationship weren't stable as before. I casually replied, "No... We are just in that particular comfortable stage..." But I felt insecure. I didn't know for sure what I said was true.

One night, we were sitting outside the porch. Me lying on his shoulder with his arm around me. We were quiet, but in a comfortable way. I didn't felt anything amiss until I thought of what my friends had said about our relationship that I broke the warm silence. "Hey, do you still love me?" I asked and in that instant, I regretted asking that. "Of course I do. Why shouldn't I?" he asked. I didn't know how to explain to him. I decided to tell him what my friends said about our relationship. He understood everything.

"Do you want to know why our relationship has become from the noisy chatters of questions from each of us to this simple silence?" He continued, "It is because we know everything from each other, everything from the past, the present, the future. I know everything about you. I know your favourite colour, food, drink, even your fav pair of jeans. When we know everything about each other, we just add the remainings of each of us along the line. As time passes, we will know more about each of us. My reason for having this silence, is because I want to observe you..."

I looked at him, confused. He tried to explain more for me. "I want to observe your life, your emotions and feelings. I want to keep in check whether is there anything wrong in your life. If there is, I will and help. Another reason for the silence, I just want to enjoy you, being with me." I was actually touched when he said that.

I hugged him tighter and said, "Now I know why. I love you." He smiled. "I love you too, bunny head." The silence was warm all through our relationship, and our marriage.