Sunday, October 9, 2011

The one man who will listen

The one man who will listen

I remember there was a point in my life whereby I was very down, my so-called friends didn’t gave two hoots about me, my boyfriend dumped me, my parents ignored me. I did many bad things in life, that why I am where I am now. I was at the lowest point of my life and yet, nobody was willing to help me. I remember sitting down on a bench late one evening, sulking. Suddenly, a man sat down beside me, and talked to me. “Child, why do you look so down?” he asked. “I am just very down in the dumps; no one is helping me or supporting me…” I replied with a sad sigh. He shook his head, “No…that can’t be true, you just have to tell someone about your problems, I’m sure there would be one person who will…” This time, it was my turn to shake my head,

“No, it’s impossible…” The man placed his hand onto my shoulder,
“All things are possible…”
I continued to shake my head,
“I’m too tired…”
He replied,
“I will give you rest…”

Our conversation continued on somewhat like this,

“Nobody loves me…”
“I love you…”
“I can’t go on…”
“My grace is sufficient…”
“I can’t figure things out…”
“I will direct your steps…”
“I can’t do it!”
“You can do all things…”
“I am not able!”
“I am able…”
“It’s not worth it…”
“It will be worth it…”
“I can’t forgive myself…”
“I forgive you…”
“I’m poor…”
“I will supply your needs…”
“I’m afraid…”
“I have not given you a spirit of fear…”
“I’m always worried and frustrated…”
“Cast all your cares on me…”
“I don’t have enough faith…”
“I’ve given you a measure of faith…”
“I’m not smart enough…”
“I give you wisdom…”
“I feel alone…”
“I will never leave you nor forsake you…”

“How do you know I will be alright?” I asked the man. “Because, I know so…have faith, child…” he replied. “There will be one man out there who will listen to you every time you have problems…” he said. I looked up to the man and asked, “Who?” The man stood up and lifted up both of his palms in front of me. I saw two punctured wounds on both of his hands. I sat there dumbfounded; I looked up to the man, wide-eyed. “It will be I, Jesus…” And with a blink of an eye, the man disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment