Friday, June 11, 2010

Mine...

Read....

****************************************************

We've been together for nearly 3 years now (2 1/2 years?) In some way or another, we got together when I was at my final year of elementary school while he’s at his first year in junior high. Everybody were quite surprise when they found out we got together because we both are two very *emphasis on VERY* different people and we always fight a lot when we were younger. We were like the Chinese symbol, Yin and Yang, both very different but need each other at the same time. So nobody expected that to happen. We were on good ties for that long until one day, he had to leave…

“What do you mean you’re moving?” I asked, with a sudden sad feeling looming in me. “Joan, I’m sorry…Mum said we’re migrating to Sydney, Dad has a new job there and Mum wants me to study there…” he said with an aspirate feeling in it. “Wait…you telling me this now…because you want to break up with me?” I asked. Suddenly, my eyes felt wet and misty. ‘I’m so not gonna cry right now…’ I thought. “NO! No! I just wanna tell you this…. ‘cause, I may not able to be with you…” he said. “How often can you come back to visit?” I asked, wanting to hear something positive from his mouth. “Maybe three to four times a year…or even lesser…” he replied with a sad sigh. I closed my eyes and try to learn how to breathe again. The tears in my eyes started to flow out. “Joan, I’m sorry.” He came around to hug me, but I declined by pushing his arm away. “Joan…please…” He tried to comfort me, but walked away a few steps from him. “I hate you in a way…” I replied and ran back home, leaving him dumbfounded.

I went back to my room and hid myself in a small corner of my room and sunk my head into my knees and cried. Usually I won’t cry for anything because I think it’s just plain stupid. But this time, I couldn’t hold my feelings. While I cried, I thought back the things I had done with him and his gang…
I remember all so clearly how he had asked me…to be with him. Usually Francis and his friend, Peter and John would torment me. They had been doing this to me for quite some time now, since the early years of elementary school. But one day, it was clearly different. Well, both his friends did his usual routine of teasing me, but he didn’t. He didn’t torment me for that whole day and I didn’t meet him since morning. I was walking at one of the corridors when he suddenly jumped me. “What do you want, you idiot…” I said, under my breath. He looked left and right to see whether was there anyone around and pulled me aside. “Francis! What are you doing? Let go!” I said and tried to loosen his grip, he was pinning my shoulder onto the wall. He didn’t let go. “Joan…I…I like you…” he blurted out. I stared at him, trying to analyze what he had just said. He put his hand into his pocket and took out a crumpled piece of paper. He put the paper into my hand and ran as fast as he could out of the building. I stared at the piece of paper in my hand, it was his phone number. Little did I know what would happened if I called him. But in the end we got together, like yin and yang.

For the past 3 years, we both had done a lot of things together. He taught me how to play the archery and I taught him how to control his awful temper. We learned a lot of things by helping each other. He brought me to the junior-senior prom that was held in school. We done stupid things together with his friends and sister like playing the game ‘Spin the Bottle’ and ‘7 minutes in heaven’ which were actually quite fun. On the 3rd year of our relationship, we both bought each other white and yellow stripped rings to remind ourselves about our then current relationship. We were happy until he told me he was about to leave. I was very upset about this and was in a depressed state for nearly 3 days straight. When he finally got hold on me, he asked what we are going to do with our relationship then. I thought long and hard and in the end, I made my decision. “Let’s just break up…” I replied. Even though it stings me so badly, I know that there was no point in having a long-distance relationship at such a young age. We argued and fought about this. In the end, he gave in and respected my decision, reluctantly.

On the eve on his departure, we threw a farewell party for him. It was a small and casual one with a little bit of drinking under the supervision on his parents. He and his friends were happily chatting away while I tore away from the happy group to go out to the balcony. ‘What am I gonna do now?’ I thought as I gaze at the night sky. Suddenly, I felt someone’s arms embraced me from behind. “What are you thinking about?” he asked as he perched his head on my shoulder to gaze at the night sky with me. “What to do when you are gone…” I replied as I leaned my head on his. “Don’t think about it, ‘kay?” I just nodded and he kissed me on my cheek. He took out his ring and gave it to me, “Keep this, along with yours….”

Even though we had been together for 3 years now, we hadn’t really kissed. I mean on the lips. Cheek, yes. Lips, no. He left for Australia and promised to come back and visit. He came back roughly six months later. During those six months, I tried to live like how I did before I got together with Francis. On the outside, I look as though as nothing happened before, but deep down, my heart was still wounded.
When he came back his friends decided to throw a party for him to catch up on things. They consume some alcohol based drinks and were on high status. They decided to play a game ‘Truth or Dare?’. Francis got picked at the 2nd round. He was dared to kiss me. I didn’t know he would really do it. He walked towards me just kiss me. It was a peck but it gave me butterflies all around my body. After they had finished the game, I went and asked him, “Did you just do that in because the game?” He gave a casual smile and said, “No…because I wanted to…” and leaned towards me and kissed me but only this time, it wasn’t a peck on the cheek or on the lips but it lasted for nearly two whole minutes.

Well, we are not together now. But we are on a good friendship basis. Up until now, I still keep the rings we both bought. In the end, he finally got what he wanted. You would know what does this mean if you know me, if not, ask me personally. See whether I would want to tell you. Last but not least, I would just want to tell you that I miss you.

****************************************************
Was rather sad when i written this, took me 2 hours? 3? Idk...
If you wanna know whether is this a true story, ask me personally.
Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment