Monday, January 2, 2017

That Familiar Feeling

I remember suddenly being in a vehicle, with some other bunch of people, going somewhere. From what I overheard, an Olympic sized pool at a stadium nearby. I have no idea why I was here, or why was I going to an Olympic sized pool, but I just went along. After about a couple minutes of the car ride, we reached the stadium. I have never seen the stadium before, but I've gotten a sense of familiarity in seeing it. Suddenly, the whole thing was a rush, people started arranging equipment around and into the stadium. I just started helping them bring their stuff into the place. Only a couple of moments later, I figured out I was working for them. I am still not sure why I am there.

Suddenly I remember hearing a few of them were whispering, someone was saying, "I think he is here already." And others nodding in agreement. A couple of moments later, I noticed a young chap walking towards the pool with an older guy which looks like a swimming coach due to his attire. Only then I figured out, there was a video recording of the young chap swimming to promote him for representing the region to some international competition overseas.

The chap, about my age or maybe older a year or two, is tanned, with broad shoulders and a chiselled jawline. He has an average height and good features. He somehow caught my attention because he looks confident and knows his shit.

Somehow along the lines of this shooting, I came to know him. I was in charge of getting him ready for the shoot and such. After the shoot, he came over to ask me, "Want to meet up sometime? Maybe for dinner?" I eventually agreed to that. We went out for dinner two nights later, and also for a movie 'cause he needed 'comedic relieve' from the stress he had been accumulating from swimming. "Why don't I get you from my next swim practice next week? And we can hang out after?" I somehow know I agree to that too.

The next Monday, he came to my apartment to get me. He was in his normal Tee and shorts, along with his bag of stuff. We took the bus to a nearby swimming pool for his practice. While he swims, I looked after his stuff. His practice was about 2-3 hours without stopping, but I somehow found it mesmerizing watching him do laps after laps. By the time his practice ended, I knew from his face he looked exhausted.

After a change of clothes and a shower, he said he was ready to go. We hopped on the bus and left. In the bus, he was still adamant to go somewhere to hang out, but I remember telling him he should go back and take a nap, he looked extremely exhausted. "Let me take a nap while on the way to the place, I really want to hang out with you." And he did, he took a nap there and then. While waiting for our stop and for him to wake up, he decided to sleep on top of his bag, which was on my lap. He was already unconscious with sleep by then. I remember myself just petting his head, that still smelt of Chlorine.  His hair had turned from black to brown due to discoloration from the pool's chemicals too.

I hear his mumbled in his sleep, "I think I love her..I think I love..." and he said my name. Its weird to hear that from him. But I knew he was sleeping still, I planted a kiss on his head, and lay mine on his during the bus ride,

In that moment, I had a familiar fuzzy feeling min my gut. Familiar, and somehow I missed it very much actually.

Then after that I woke up, to find out that what I experienced, was just a dream.

1 comment:

  1. If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

    I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

    Emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

    If you like it, please consider putting it among your favorite blogs. I would greatly appreciate it.


    Emily

    ReplyDelete