Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Panic

I can't breathe, my sight is blurring me. I hear nothing but the intensified gasps I make for air. I struggle to see light, to hear sound, to feel my surroundings, but everything is turning dark and quiet.

That was how I felt when I am in the midst of noise and people I am either not fond of or strangers. Or when I feel utterly alone. This can happen when I am with people I know, people I love, with strangers, or even when I am alone. I can go into silent panic attacks, sweaty hand, sweat all over. And I breathe heavy.

I hear nothing, just nothing. I can't even see anything. But I hear one thing, I feel one thing. "Are you okay? Wake up! You alright? Mabel, can you hear me?" I felt calm, I felt right, I felt normal.

Sometimes I can wake up from everything, sometimes I can't.

I feel someone's arm around me, breathing with me.

But now that I am dependent, I have to wake up. And never fall back again.

I saw his bright eyes, his ruffled hair, his worried frown. "Thank God you're alright!"

Oh how I wished I could just fall back knowing I have someone to look out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment