Thursday, August 29, 2013

Embrace Someone's flaws, and Not cover Them

I was going through my pile of stuff when I stumble upon a small blue gift box. Instantly, I remember what is inside it. A letter, a self-penned song, a small framed lucky clover and also, a necklace. 'Should I open this?' After a couple of seconds, I took out the contents of the box.

I didn't bother reading the letter and the song, because I could still remember every single word in there. I took out the small lucky clover. I remember how this was my lucky charm and how much importance it had given me as if it truly gave me luck along the way. I put that away and took the wrapper which contains the necklace.

It was a tiny necklace with the word 'I ♥ U' as the pendant. The heart was in pink. Another colour I dislike. I am wondering whether do you ever listen to me to what I say.

The necklace was normal steel I think. Which is why I couldn't wear it 24/7. Come to think of it, I don't think you ever listen.

So what you knew my secrets, my habits, my flaws or my dreams. You know how awkward was it for me to meet you the first time like that. You didn't even break the ice even though we were a couple met online. Heck. I told what I was uncomfortable of. And yet you say you gonna give it a go anyway. You were damn lucky I didn't slap you right there and then. Maybe because I knew of your temper.

You knew I am not comfortable with physical contact with strangers...even thought we are considered dating. I had problems with physical contact with my last ex until a couple of months later when I got used to it. Yet, straight up yoy went and hold my hand. Maybe I allow it because it was during the show, nobody would see. But intermission you were wondering why don't I want to hold your hand. I actually flinch away. Something I try not to do. Holding hands is one thing, but kissing me is another. You didn't even bother.

I remember telling you straight off I have problems with people just poking me. Even if its friends, relatives or people I am having a relationship with. Then there is the part where I dislike the colour pink for some reason. I tried to wear the necklace. But I didn't like it. You said you try to make me wear something pink. I am actually fuming here.

I notice you tried to change me. To be someone you prefer. Fine. I am more or less a tomboy, a person who is not keen on physical contact unless I have been physically with for months. I feel that that one year we've been together was you trying to change me. Maybe that's why I had so much problem a year and a half to try and move on. Because so much of what you did, I give in because I was terrified to loose you like how I have lost my last relationship. But I know now that you meant nothing to me, especially what your last words were before you left for the UK. "I hope my presence in your life had changed something about you."

Hell yeah did I change. I change my perception on guys. Never to find one who plans to change you when they could've just try and embrace you.

No comments:

Post a Comment